Summer has officially arrived in Eugene. With the lack of AC in most Eugene apartments you may be finding it difficult to stay cool. Kazi is here to give you some tips on how to beat the summer heat.
- Close your blinds. This will reduce the amount of sun light that enters your house or apartment each day and can lower your room temperature by up to 20 degrees.
- Close your windows during the day and open them at night. also leaving doors open at night will allow the cooler air to circulate through your apartment.
- Freeze your bed sheets. Place your sheets in a plastic bag and then place them in the freezer for a cold surface.
- Make use of your fan. Place a bowl with ice in front of your fan in order to blow cool air into the room. A damp t-shirt can also be draped over the front of the fan.
- Head to the river. Enjoy the sun and participate in some of the great natural landscape that Oregon has to offer. Float the McKenzie river or go on a hike to a swimming hole. The cold water will make the sun enjoyable!